Red Carpet Recap

Sunday night, for me, was filled with the anticipation for the Oscars to start, nomination research, and agonizing whom to pick in categories like best supporting actress, best picture, and best director. I am happy to report that I ended with a pretty good score: 18 out of 24. If you followed along with my twitter than you know that the Oscar show itself was a little all over the place. I understand the Academy's attempt to get younger hosts to "relate" to it's younger audience but they need to find more entertaining youth next year to do the job better. Anne had the likability and charm and James sort of had the dry humor thing going for him, but put them together and great hosts it did not make.

But where drama and amazement weren't happening on the Oscar stage, it certainly was happening on the red carpet! These were my favorite looks from the night


Cate Blanchett in Givency

Love the pop of yellow on the shoulder and the detail in the front. So perfect for her

Mandy Moore in Monique Lhuillier. Loved all the sparkles. This was such a different look for her that I didn't recognize her at first!

Natalie Portman in Rodarte. Violet and brunette go beautifully together.

Scarlett Johansson in Dolce & Gabanna. The color and lace details of her dress was stunning and the open back was killer.
 (images: just jared for buzznet.com)

I guess I had a thing for pale pinks, nudes and vibrant purples last night. What about you guys? What did you think about the show; who wins the award for best dressed?

No comments:

Post a Comment