Oscar Nominations Announced

It's no secret that I'm a lover of movies and awards season is the validation for all the hours I put in at the theatres. I'm lucky to have a honey that loves the movies as much as I do (probably more so); he loves all those foreign and obscure movies I don't have the patience for but he can't sit through animated films like I can. We balance each other out.

With Oscar nominations being announced at 8:30 est tomorrow my boyfriend asked if I would share his choice of the nominees here and of course I said yes.  Enjoy his picks!

Early tomorrow morning, the Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences will announce its nominations for the best achievements in film during 2010.  Around the same time this happens each year, I like to put together a list of what I would have nominated from the previous year in film.  Rarely do my tastes and the taste of AMPAS line up completely but that’s the fun of it, right?  Much thanks to Sarah here at little yellow apple for sharing my Oscar thoughts with her readers!

(Notes:  My nominees are listed in order of ranking from my favorite of the year to my fifth or tenth favorite.  I only listed nominations in the categories I had a hold on.  Likewise, there are no nominations for Best Foreign Language Film or Best Documentary because I did not see enough films in either category.  There are four or five films that may likely have garnered nominations that I did not see.)

Best Picture
Exit Through the Gift Shop
Cyrus
Inception
Winter’s Bone
Blue Valentine
Black Swan
Catfish
The Town
Shutter Island
The Kids Are All Right

Best Director
Darren Aronofsky (Black Swan)
Debra Granik (Winter's Bone)
Banksy (Exit Through the Gift Shop)
Derek Cianfrance (Blue Valentine)
Christopher Nolan (Inception)

Best Actor
Ryan Gosling (Blue Valentine)
Tahir Rahim (A Prophet)
Colin Firth (The King's Speech)
Ben Affleck (The Town)
James Franco (127 Hours)

Best Actress
Emma Stone (Easy A)
Marisa Tomei (Cyrus)
Jennifer Lawrence (Winter's Bone)
Natalie Portman (Black Swan)
Catherine Keener (Please Give)

Best Supporting Actor
John Hawkes (Winter's Bone)
Christian Bale (The Fighter)
Jeremy Renner (The Town)
Jonah Hill (Cyrus)
Niels Arestrup (A Prophet)

Best Supporting Actress
Jacki Weaver (Animal Kingdom)
Amy Adams (The Fighter)
Melissa Leo (The Fighter)
Dale Dickey (Winter's Bone)
Amanda Peet (Please Give)

Best Cinematography
Christopher Doyle (Ondine)
Robert Richardson (Shutter Island)
Matthew Libatique (Black Swan)
Michael McDonough (Winter’s Bone)
Adam Kimmel (Never Let Me Go)

Best Original Screenplay
Derek Cianfrance, Joey Curtis, Cami Delavigne (Blue Valentine)
Jay Duplass, Mark Duplass (Cyrus)
Mark Heyman, Andres Heinz, John J. McLaughlin (Black Swan)
Stuart Blumberg, Lisa Cholodenko (The Kids Are All Right)
Christopher Nolan (Inception)

Best Adapted Screenplay
Debra Granik, Anne Rosellini, Daniel Woodrell (Winter's Bone)
Laeta Kalogridis (Shutter Island)
Ben Affleck, Peter Craig, Aaron Stockard (The Town)
Alex Garland (Never Let Me Go)
Aaron Sorkin (The Social Network)

Best Film Editing
Lee Smith (Inception)
Andrew Weisblum (Black Swan)
Jim Helton, Ron Patane (Blue Valentine)
Thelma Schoonmaker (Shutter Island)
Jay Deuby (Cyrus)

Best Ensemble
Winter's Bone
The Fighter
The Town
Cyrus
Please Give

No comments:

Post a Comment