30 Never Felt So Good

A week ago today, I turned thirty years old, and it feels great. I had an amazing time celebrating with friends and family on the day of my birthday and this past weekend. I was away for a work trip to Houston, TX on my actual birthday, but my co-workers went out of their way to make me feel really special despite our rigorous work schedule. And to top the day off a small group of us had a very yummy dinner at Del Frisco's. This weekend my best friends surprised me with a big group of our friends meeting to go ice skating! We had a blast laughing and shakily making our way around the rink. A Mexican fiesta for dinner, and a side splitting game of Cards Against Humanity made for a perfect celebration. (Seriously the funniest game you'll ever play with your friends. It's like a dirty version of Apples to Apples)

But the biggest accomplishment I have to talk about is my 30 Before 30 list. Right after my 29th birthday I made a list of things I wanted to accomplish by February 11th, 2013. I've blogged about most of them, but I'm really proud to have completed so many. There are 10 pesky ones still hanging out there, but I've really enjoyed having this set list of things I want to do in my life, and I hope to cross them off soon. 

Thanks to everyone who wished me happy birthday and supported me here on the blog. Here's to life in my thirties! 


1. Get another tattoo
2. Dye hair red
3. Be brave enough to try a funky haircut
4. Volunteer for a charity I've put my name in to volunteer for 
5. Buy a car
6. Have 3-4 months of expenses saved up still working on this one! 
7. To be able to have a hard conversation argument with someone without crying (I'm a big softie what can I say?)
8. Make an origami paper crane
9. Find the perfect shade of lipstick, and wear it!
10. Pay off credit card or at least get balance below $500 still working on this one, but with my tax refund this one can get marked off very soon
11. Do Jillian Michael's workout for 30 days consecutively
12. Take styled pictures of where I live for blog
13. Find a reason to wear my sequin dress from Anthropologie
14. Make a 3 course meal
15. Add new page to my blog
16. Rent or own a shallow depth of field lens for camera and use it effectively I lost some of my enthusiasm for taking photographs lately, but I'm working on bringing that back to rent the lens
17. Make a cinemagraph
18. Own professional make up brushes, and know how to use them 
19. Get in a better beauty routine with my hair, not just let it be naturally stick straight everyday
20. Own dishes I love to eat off of
21. Read a classic novel like Pride and Prejudice
22. Have at least 75 followers to Little Yellow Apple at 70! I can only go up! 
23. Make some sort of progress towards learning French I have downloaded a program to help me learn French, now I have to make the time to learn it 
24. Travel to a fabulous place like NYC, LA, Europe or Disney World (or have plans to travel to one of these places) This year I went to Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Indianapolis, and Houston. It was great to be able to travel so much, but none of it was for pleasure. I'm hoping to go on a real vacation this summer. 
25. Meet a celebrity (a girl can dream right?) Still dreaming on this one! 
26. Go ballroom dancing didn't make it around to this one either
27. Watch all of Audrey Hepburn's movies since Roman Holiday (I only have 11 left to see) this turned out to be harder than I thought. It's hard enough to find a movie rental place, let alone old Audrey movies.  
28. Choose a handful of Pinterest challenges to replicate or try out and blogs about the results
29. Plant a terrarium 
30. Have the best 30th birthday party! 

No comments:

Post a Comment