Chalk Paint

Have you guys heard of Chalk Paint? It's created by this woman named Annie Sloan and I think it's becoming a thing. Not chalkboard paint, but it has a similar soft, matte, velvety finish. It can turn any ugly piece of furniture into an antique masterpiece. It's a two step process of the paint and special wax that will stick to almost anything: furniture, metal, walls, and floors; no sanding necessary. And what's great is you can apply and layer the colors and wax in any way you want to achieve a different look.

 
She has created a variety of colors inspired by 18th and 20th century European design. So you when you repaint that hideous nightstand you picked up at a garage sale for $25 bucks in French Linen, it will look scored at an estate auction.
  

You've got to watch this tutorial of Annie working with her paint, and tell me you're not convinced. I will say that the brushes she uses are a bit on the expensive side, but my coworker swears by the paint, and she's told me she's had great success without shelling out the big bucks for the brushes. Check out her website for all sorts of tips, pictures, videos, and most importantly where to find it. I definitely want to try the paint out on an Ikea piece for a test run, and then move onto a antique vanity if I can master the technique.
 
Still not convinced this stuff is awesome? Check out some pieces I found on Pinterest.
 
Pinned Image
 
Pinned Image
 
Pinned Image
 
Pinned Image
 
Pinned Image
via Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment