A Cool World for Photos



dear photograph

Photography never ceases to amaze me. When I went to college to study photography I was very naive about what I thought a photo could be. I figured you picked up a camera, created a beautiful image, developed it, stuck it on a wall, and it was art. I never thought a photo could be anything more than that. As I got older, and the digital world started to evolve, blogs, google, online photo sharing websites, facebook, and pinterest, all became places where you could expose yourself to more. I am constantly learning and seeing new photoshop tricks, lighting techniques, and posing styles from all over the web.


And the ideas people have! I know it's both good and bad the amount of exposure the internet can have on a good idea. One person has an amazing idea or image, and within a day it has made its way around the internet and this one little thing has turned into a phenomenon. But it's inspiring to see how one person's story or image can encourage others to do the same. It's like collaboratively we are creating art together. That's how I feel about the images in this post. The technique or ideas used on these photographs have spread like wild fire and I love it!

Ben Heine's photographs combine pencil drawings with colorful photographs


halfway between a movie and a photograph, Jamie Beck and Kevin Burg, created the cinemagraph movement

Irina Werning's photography proudly displays people recreating old photographs of themselves

dear photograph created a great site where people can share photos with images of the past inserted into the current scenery

I feel inspired to dig up some old pictures and to read up on the "how to" behind the cinemagraphs and create some new art of my own. What about you guys? Have you created any of these types of photos for yourself? I'd love to see the results!

1 comment:

  1. These are great pictures- really interesting collaborations!

    Thank you for entering the Beso Win an Iconic Trench Giveaway! Good luck – xoxo

    ReplyDelete