Discover the Rice Flower


I'm no botanist, but I've discovered a new little flower: the rice flower or nophar. While at a wholesale flower shop Monday I saw this colorful bucket of rice flowers in orange, pink, purple, yellow, and green. Native to Eastern Australia this little perennial grows like a little shrub. It looks so little and delicate but the heads of the flowers are actually quite sturdy. I wish I had snapped more pictures of all the colored bunches together but my lone orangey-red bunch will have to do. I found a way to work my little bunch into two small floral arrangements for the store. The real test will be how long they last and perhaps I'll have to get more on my next trip to the florist.

1 comment:

  1. i've never heard of rice flower before,,
    intresting. because i'm an indonesian and rice is linked to our primary carbohidrate source, not flower.haha.thanks for sharing this

    ReplyDelete