Leslie Knope



Leslie Knope is my motivator. If you want to see someone who lets nothing stand in her way, a creative solution for every problem, full of energy, and a monumental passion for doing what she loves, then you need to be watching Parks and Recreation on Thursday nights. I watched this past Thursday's episode Sunday night and I can't stop thinking about it.

If you've seen the show at least once, you know the one thing Leslie is most passionate about is the city she lives in: Pawnee. Although, a close second is her friends and her dream of becoming the President. From petition signings to planning a Harvest Festival no task is too small for her to get excited about. If it gets her one step closer to her goal then she is on board 110%. Nothing gets in her way.

I guess that's why I can't stop thinking about Leslie Knope. I am in awe of her determination. I need her drive to inspire and motivate me right now. I seem to be stuck in this constant thought process of, "what am I doing with my life, where am I going, what is my focus?" After replaying more recent episodes of the show in my head, I'm trying to push the overwhelming feeling of whining and depression down, and realize results don't come from that. They come from pushing forward and not letting anything get you down. If Leslie can overcome the odds and find a way to run for City Council then I can keep my head high and find what works for me too. The solution is out there. If I take the time to brainstorm, talk with others, and follow what's in my heart I'll come out on top.

I still don't know what I want to do or where I'm going, but I have a better glimmer of hope right now; thanks to Leslie Knope.


"It's gotten a lot harder to work in government. D'you think Winston Churchill ever had to pull his pants down and show his butt? No. But would he have? Yes. Now could he have? Maybe not towards the end of his life, but, he would have....because he loved his job." --Leslie Knope

No comments:

Post a Comment