Friday Flick Picks


If I could wish you guys to have one thought about my Friday Flick Picks posts it would be, "Sarah will watch anything, won't she?"

New, old, stupid, obscure. Just a few words to summarize this week's movies. The Descendants was just good, not great. The acting held together well; I think Clooney and Shailene Woodley will get nominations out of it. But for me, the highs and lows were too all over the place. I couldn't justify where the characters were coming from. And side note: Matthew Lillard is still alive and has a bit part in this movie!

Dinner for Schmucks was totally ridiculous, and not in a good way. How can two actors I find super funny in tons of other stuff fail so horribly in this movie? The best parts for me was the opening credits and all the parts with the taxidermy mice. (I know that sounds weird, but you'll know what I mean if you watch the movie).

If you're in the mood for a holiday flick than queue up Home Alone. If you're looking for something a little bit different I say check out Attack the Block. It's a small indie sci-fi flick from the UK that came out earlier this year. A gang of South London kids fight off an alien attack on their block. It sounds totally campy and silly but it comes off pretty well. I was entertained by it 10 times more than any of the other movies I saw this week (Home Alone excluded).

Have a fabulous weekend guys! See you back on Monday! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment