Friday Flick Picks (Returns!)

Hello my little movie apples! I know it's been weeks since my last Flick Picks post but after the Oscars there seems to be a terrible period of time where nothing good comes out. I'm hoping to get out and see 21 Jump Street and Wanderlust. So while I've been waiting for good movies to come out, my Netflix's subscription has been getting a good work out. It's been mostly TV shows, but I did catch this:


So stinking cute! I am a sucker for a good documentary and if can bring a tear to my eye too then I'm in love. Sesame Street practically raised me weekday afternoons as a little kid. Grover, Big Bird, Bert and Ernie taught me every thing I needed to know about letters, numbers, and manners. As a kid I don't think I grasped the concept that people actually controlled the characters, I just thought they were magically brought to life and living inside my television. But it was so cool to see the love, passion, and hard work that Kevin Clash, the puppeteer behind Elmo, has for his work. With his type of dedication I can easily see how a child like myself feels like the puppets have really come to life. As a kid himself he had the dream of becoming a puppeteer like the great Jim Henson, and then to end up working alongside him was so heartwarming. It was a great "dreams really do come true" kind of story that really got to me. If you have Netflix I highly suggest watching it. 


I mean, seriously, does it get any cuter than this? Have a great weekend guys!

1 comment:

  1. This looks awesome. I am definitely going to put this in my Netflix que.


    Tara
    Penniless Socialite

    ReplyDelete