Pinterest Moves Me

pinterest- you can follow me here!
 A friend of mine recently shared some personal and family issues that she's going through, and they are really taking a toll on her emotions. She said that it was hard for her to stay positive right now and she wished she had more things making her happy. And my serious suggestion to her to improve her mood was to join Pinterest. I can literally be having a boring, bad, uninspiring day, and five minutes on Pinterest can totally turn my day around. Maybe I'm too much like Scarlett O'Hara when it comes to dealing with a problem; "I can't think about that right now; I'll think about that tomorrow," but escaping to a world of pretty images and quotes makes me forget about life's problems for a little while.

And what makes Pinterest even better is knowing the man behind it all, Ben Silbermann, is as inspiring and wonderful as the site itself. Many of my blogs I follow have returned from Alt Design Summit and besides the awesome parties, friends, and pictures they took, everyone can't stop talking about the keynote speaker: Ben Silbermann. Everyone has said the words he spoke really motivated and moved the audience. I wasn't present for his speech, but the quotes and bullet points other bloggers have taken away from him and shared on their blogs have motivated me too. To be moved by someone who was over a 1,000 miles away is a mark of a very inspiring and talented person!

sfgirlbybay

Conde Nast Travler via Design Crush
I was totally green with envy in the weeks leading up to Alt Design Summit and during this past weekend when everyone seemed to be there. But I am determined to make my way there next year! I'm not the best saver in the world but I am starting an Alt piggy bank and I will be there next January. I even have one of my roomies picked out, and we will dance Johnny and Baby style all night long!

(If you have no idea what in the world I'm talking about check out Alt's website and blog and get yourself excited for 2013 too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment