Friday Flick Picks


Lots of leading funny ladies in the films for the most part this week. I saw Bridesmaids over the weekend and I have to say I was a little disappointed. Kristin Wiig, Melissa McCarthy, Jon Hamm, in a cameo, all gave hilarious performances that really makes the movie; but it gets a little too 30-something woman melt down in the middle that really drags the whole thing down. I also finally got around to seeing Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 and really, really liked that too. I was a bit skeptical about splitting up the last book into two parts, but they did the smart thing. Nothing was rushed and it sets up for the big finale in part 2. But my pick of the week has to be African Queen. Another movie I saw at the Kentucky Theatre during their summer classic revival series. The dry, witty humor Bogie and Katherine were known for keeps you entertained from start to finish. It really is the perfect movie for summer because it has a little bit of everything: action, adventure, humor, and romance. A definite watch for any movie nut.

This weekend I hope to see more new movies. Hangover 2, Pirates 4, and The Greatest Movie Ever Sold are on my "must see" radar. What about you guys; what are you wanting to see this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment