Bookcase Instructions


Nothing makes me happier than a well-styled bookcase. When looking through decor blogs and magazines, I find myself drawn to the bookcases. This is mostly because I'm in awe of how someone could make stacked books and small objects look like a piece of art. I would desperately rearrange my bookshelf in our old apartment trying different groupings and never being satisfied. I organized it once by color, the next time by size, and then again by subject matter. I could never get it right.


But I think my troubles are over. Yesterday, thanks to a great tweet by Emily Henderson (a stylist with great secrets!), I stumbled upon help to turn my jumbled bookcase into a thing of beauty. Kate, from Centsational Girl, has broken down all sorts of things to think about, and adjustments to make to your bookcase to instantly turn it around. When we finally move into a new apartment and I get to decorating, I will no longer feel intimated by styling my bookcase thanks to Kate. You must check out this article, and be sure to click on all the extra links she included in it too. You'll be happy you did.

images: Lonny Magazine, The Art of Doing Stuff

No comments:

Post a Comment