Author's Note

Author's Note: The following is a work of fiction. Any resemblance to persons living or dead is purely coincidental. Especially you Jenny Beckman. Bitch.

Last night I saw (500) Days of Summer, and it was wonderful. The hilarious quote above is presented within the first ten seconds of the movie starting. Any movie that can get everyone to laugh that early in the game is definitely a winner. I also have to say that I was not the only one who thought (500) was going to be great, because on a Monday night at 9:30, our local Indie movie theatre half full.

*Side Note* If you live in Indianapolis, go to the Keystone Art Cinema theatre near the Fashion Mall. The tickets are a bit more expensive, but they have the best selection indy movies in town.

It was an incredibly sweet, funny, and touching movie. When it comes to seeing a romance film, I feel like I already know what's going to happen because I've seen it 100 times before, but Marc Webb found a way to make watching this love story different. The best word I can use to describe it is eclectic.

I also have to say the fashions Zooey Deschanel was sporting were super cute and I love that someone like Joseph Gordon-Levitt was the leading male. If you want to see another great movie he stars in, I mean besides 10 Things I Hate about You (which PS did anyone see where they're making that movie into a TV show??), is Brick.

Trust me by the end of the week everyone will be talking about this movie!


Previews that I saw before (500) that I'm pumped about: Nine, and In the Loop.

No comments:

Post a Comment