Simplistic Happiness


Truly nothing makes me happier than watching "It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown" during the month of October. As soon as it gets close to Halloween, I'm searching the TV guide to find the exact day and time this special is airing. It seriously doesn't feel officially feel like fall or Halloween, for me, without watching this movie. This year it doesn't come on until the 28th (which is a little late for my taste) but luckily my friend has the movie on DVD and let me borrow it. All week I looked forward to when I could find a half hour to devote to Charlie Brown, Linus, Snoopy, Sally, and sincere pumpkin patches.

Even looking at these stills makes me smile. The red sky, orange pumpkins, a pile of leaves, trick-or-treating, a starry night over a full pumpkin patch...its all so comforting and beautiful. It reminds me of childhood and how it's okay to believe in something just a little bit magical, especially around the holidays.

So, I know this isn't my usual Friday Flick Pick post, but I am saying make some time for this childhood classic; you'll be glad that you did.

I hope everyone has a little bit of fall magic in store for their weekends. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment