Movie Theory

As luck would have it I made it to the movies this weekend; only to be disappointed.



I saw The Serious Man and it was a horrible movie. If there hadn't been 10 people sitting to the left and 6 to right me and my bf would have left after the first 15 minutes.









This crapfest was written and directed by Joel and Ethan Coen and after watching this movie I have come up with a prediction for the the future of these two. They are like M. Night Shyamalan. Started out making good movies such as The Sixth Sense, Unbreakable and Signs but then as time went the movies he put out were terrible. I think that these two are headed down the same path. After the 2 hour bore fest I was apart of this weekend I say send them down the crapper!




Case in point: They've had some good movies like Brother Where Art Thou? and The Big Lebowski, and then there are things in the middle like Ladykillers, and No Country for Old Men, but now they've started on the downward turn putting out Burn After Reading and The Serious Man.




Coincidence? I think not. This quote from David Denby of the New Yorker put it best, "A Serious Man, like Burn After Reading, is in their bleak, black, belittling mode, and it’s hell to sit through."




Beware of this movie and their future movies!

No comments:

Post a Comment