Friday Flick Picks


Flick Picks are back in action! Even amongst unpacking and getting settled at home, I still found some time to watch some movies. This week, I was lucky enough to see one of these movies in a theatre-The Grapes of Wrath. At The Kentucky Theatre in Lexington, they show classic old movies, every Wednesday, on film. This past Wednesday was its opening weekend and I was shocked to see how packed it was. They have a really good list of films playing this summer and I can't wait to see more of my favorite old movies on the big screen. And of course on the complete opposite end of the spectrum, I watched Fight Club this week too. Even though I love me some Brad Pitt, my pick for the week is Grapes of Wrath. I didn't like it so much as soon as it was over but now that I've thought about it throughout the week, it's grown on me. Jane Darwell, who plays the mother, is amazing in this movie and you can clearly see why she won the Academy Award in 1940 for this role. Refresh your high school memory of this novel turned movie and give it a watch.

Have a great Memorial Day weekend my little apples and I'll see you back here on Monday! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment