Apple Picks

Movies! Movies! Movies!

September Recap

I have to admit I still haven't seen Fame, my "Shiny Apple" pick of September but I still have hope. It's #7 at the box office as of Sunday so hopefully it can stick around a little longer for me to get out and see it.

My rotten apple pick still holding on at #10 and has made 18 million already. I guess it's just my cold black hear that keeps me from seeing every romantic comedy that comes out; but to all the fellas who were dragged out to see it please tell me how it ended! :)

Onto the October picks.

Now if I had been a good little blogger I would have done this on the 1st of the month and my Shiny pick would have been The Invention of Lying. But I've already watched this movie and it sucked! I know, I know, Ricky Gervais, Tina Fey, Jonah Hill, Rob Lowe, these people are all funny but put them in a movie together and you would think the result would be a hilarious movie. I was so wrong. There were too many things going on, too many story lines, not enough funny jokes.

My new Shiny Apple Pick: Couples Retreat (October 9th). This pick sounds as cliche as The Invention of Lying with all the funny people in the cast, but I think this one will be better. Instead of subtle British humor this one will come right out with it. I don't really care for Vince Vaughn but I will watch anything with Kristin Davis and the previews have made me laugh, so I'm there.

Other apples to watch: Amelia (October 23rd). I don't care for Hilary "Horse Teeth" Swank either, and this movie is screaming give me another Oscar nod but I love a good historic biography. Boondock Saints II (October 30). See this post for further convincing.

Rotten Apple Pick: Cirque Du Freat: The Vampire Assistant (October 23). This movie is actually based on a series of books and it looks ridiculous! Enough with the vampires already and to drag Salma Hayek into it all with a beard none the less is just plain silly.

Grab a bowl of candy and I'll see you at the movies!


No comments:

Post a Comment