Holly Jolly: Sucre in New Orleans


While in New Orleans a few weeks ago, I treated my taste buds to the best little sweet shop NOLA had to offer: Sucre. French for sugar, this sweet boutique specializes in wedding cakes, macaroons, handmade marshmallows, gelato, and chocolate, chocolate, chocolate! We all sampled so many of their creations. Each one getting a bigger "oh that's good" than the one before.

Between the 4 of us we tasted half of their treats and came out with 4 very different desserts - all to share of course! We splurged even further by getting their special extra dark drinking chocolate mix topped with the fluffiest softest marshmallows I've ever had.

I think what sold me though was the 2 adorable giant gingerbread man and lady inviting us in for treats. It's a shame they're exclusively located in New Orleans but they have a great selection in their online shop. For the person who has everything nothing beats chocolate!





On second thought maybe it's better for my pant size that they're not located everywhere....

No comments:

Post a Comment