Lets talk Globes


Yesterday the Golden Globe nominations came out and this girl is pumped! You know how much I love to watch movies so award season makes me super happy.


I love to enter contests, read the internet buzz and take much too long to fill out my ballots.


Let's just hit the highlights from the nomination list, you can see the full list here. The best part of all these awards is to lead up to the grand finale, THE OSCARS! Usually movies or actors picked to win at the Globes or the SAG go on to win the top prize, but believe me I've had many a ballot ruined by an upset!


Best Picture-Drama

Avatar, Hurt Locker, Inglourious Bastards, Precious, and Up in the Air.


I am happy to say that I watched Bastards last weekend and really enjoyed it. Brad Pitt as a Southern always cracks me up. I saw Precious and Hurt Locker, which I was sad to see that Jeremy Renner wasn't nominated for best actor in that movie, he was amazing, I hope to see him up for an Oscar. I plan to see Up in the Air (one to watch for sure!) and unless someone I really trust says Avatar is good, I plan to skip that one.


Best Picture-Musical or Comedy

(500) Days of Summer, The Hangover, It's Complicated, Julie and Julia, and Nine.


I think 500 or Nine will win this one. Whether the critics agree or not I think the movie will be great. I mean how can something with Daniel Day Lewis not be good?? I will definitely go see Nine, not really sure about It's Complicated. Seeing as the Globes is the only place this film will get recognized, I don't think it's necessary to see.


Other Noms to nod at....LOVE to see Carey Mulligan nominated for An Education and Sandra Bullock for the Blind Side. I saw it last week and really loved it.


Other Noms to roll your eyes at....Anything having to do with a Serious Man. You all know how I felt about that movie. And Tobey Maguire for Brothers. I saw this movie last weekend too and wasn't impressed. A better solider to nominate....see my comment from earlier.


So what did everyone else think? My only question is for best animated film...UP or the other 4?

No comments:

Post a Comment